Exploring the Beauty of Colorado Back Country Discovery Route: Breweries and Gear Along the Way
If you're an adventure rider looking for an unforgettable experience, the Colorado Back Country Discovery Route (COBDR) should be on your bucket list. The COBDR is a 675-mile route that winds through the scenic backcountry of Colorado, offering breathtaking views of mountains, forests, canyons, and rivers. Here's a guide to help you explore the beauty of the Colorado Back Country Discovery Route while stopping at some of the best breweries and using gear from Vamoose Gear
- Planning Your Route: Before you start your journey, it's important to plan your route carefully. The COBDR is divided into 10 sections, each with its unique terrain and challenges. You can use a GPS device or a paper map to navigate the route, but make sure to bring a backup plan in case your primary navigation fails.
- Gear Up: The COBDR is an off-road adventure, so you'll need the right gear to protect you from the elements and keep you safe on the road. At vamoosegear.com, we offer a wide range of adventure motorcycle gear, side by side riding gear, and dirt biking gear that will help you tackle any terrain. Some essential gear includes helmets, riding jackets, pants, boots, gloves, and hydration systems. You can also consider bringing camping gear if you plan to camp along the way.
- Riding Tips: The COBDR offers a range of terrains, including rocky trails, steep hills, river crossings, and high-altitude passes. To navigate these terrains safely, you'll need to hone your off-road riding skills. Some essential riding tips include staying on the trail, slowing down on steep inclines and declines, avoiding sudden braking, and keeping a safe distance from other riders.
- Enjoy the Sights: The COBDR is not just about the ride; it's also about experiencing the beauty of Colorado's backcountry. Take some time to stop and enjoy the sights along the way, such as the ghost towns, hot springs, waterfalls, and wildlife. You can also visit the many small towns along the route to meet the locals, try local cuisine, and learn about the history and culture of the region.
- Breweries Along the Way: Colorado is known for its craft breweries, and the COBDR passes by several top-rated breweries along the route. Here are some of the must-visit breweries:
- Broken Compass Brewing (Breckenridge): Known for its award-winning IPAs and stouts, this brewery is a favorite among locals and visitors alike.
- Elevation Beer Company (Poncha Springs): This brewery offers a range of unique beers, including barrel-aged stouts, Belgian-style ales, and sour beers.
- Telluride Brewing Company (Telluride): This brewery is located in the heart of the San Juan Mountains and offers stunning views of the surrounding peaks. Try their flagship beer, the Face Down Brown Ale.
- Ouray Brewery (Ouray): Located in the charming town of Ouray, this brewery offers a range of beers, including lagers, ales, and IPAs. Enjoy a cold beer on their outdoor patio while taking in the views of the mountains.
In conclusion, the Colorado Back Country Discovery Route is an adventure that every adventure rider should experience at least once in their lifetime. With its stunning landscapes, challenging terrain, rich history, top-rated breweries, and gear from Vamoose Gear, the COBDR is a true testament to the beauty of Colorado's backcountry. So gear up with the best gear